12.25.2009
Theatrical Port Angeles
Theatrics undoubtedly have long been a component to Port Angelites way of life. I have decided to search out all that exists in the PA area. The single existing historical relic of past theatrical times exist in the lincoln theatre. Today this cultural relic is masked and bandaged with mediocre wrappings. I can't see any other choice than to excite the theatrical community into revealing the possibilities of revitalizing this theatre into a hub of cultural performances as it was before the cinema altered its course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
From what I have read, the Lincoln Theater was opened in 1916. According to the Query Ladies at Clallam County Historical Society, "The theater was decorated in colonial style including an effect of colonial style windows when the lights were turned off. The Lincoln Theater's pure white front and elaborate lighting system made an entirely new street of First Street between Lincoln and Laurel Streets. Over the bay window was a life-size bust of Lincoln in bronze."
ReplyDeletehttp://www.clallamhistoricalsociety.com/ask-the-research-librarian/postlist/1/284/true.html
You can also see a series of historical pictures at http://www.pstos.org/instruments/wa/port-angeles/lincoln.htm